Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Christmas Lodge Tree - Create with Connie & Mary 168

I made this card for the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge, but missed the linky , so unable to post to their site.
I've had a series of unfortunate circumstances which delayed getting the card done - I stepped on my left big toe with my cast boot and an infection developed underneath.  The pain from that injury was something else, and it caused me to fall with my hands outstretched - breaking my right wrist (you guessed it, I am right handed)
But since the card is made I am posting it on my blog anyway.





Stamps: Christmas Lodge, Teeny Tiny wishes
Inks: Always Artichoke, Early Espresso marker and ink
Papers: Always Artichoke, Frostwood Lodge designer paper, Whisper White
Accessories: Versa Mark pad and pen, Iridescent ice embossing powder, Perfect Polka dot embossing folder, Starburst Embossing Folder, Word Window punch, 1" circle punch, Modern Word Label Punch, metallic brads, dimensionals

The Perfectly Polka dot layer  and edges were sponged with Always Artichoke to give it some interest and dimension.
The Tree was stamped with Always Artichoke, and areas of the tree were embossed with Iridescent ice embossing folder. It was then cut out and adhered to a Whisper White background that had been double embnossed - with a starburst embossing folder and Iridescent ice embossing powder- with dimensionals.
The birds were first stamped twice using an Early Espresso marker  after which they were cut out and placed on the tree with dimensionals.

No comments: