Thursday, March 17, 2011

Eastern Bloom Book Mark

These bookmarks were inspired by Angie Kennedy Juda aka Chick n Scratch.  She had made a video of a bookmark which was a project at one of her conventions.  You can see the video here  I changed some of the materials but kept the original idea.  I thought it would make a good hostess gift, or a gift to a friend.


Doesn't this look cute in a book?  If you're making it for a smaller book, the ribbon length can be shortened.
I liked the idea of the project because I finally found a use for some of my On Board chipboard.  I did use some retired ribbon, but it was the only ribbon I had that matched what I was doing.

These are the 3 bookmarks I make.
The base of the bookmark is from the On Board Mix & Match - the floral.  With a sponge dauber, I colored the chipboard with ink on both front and back and sides.
I then stamped the flower from Eastern Blooms on a piece of Whisper White card stock  and cut it out.  I either put a Build-a-Brad in the middle of this or an antique brad.
With a 1 3/4" punch I cut a circle of coordinating designer paper.  It was attached to the back of the chipboard using tombo glue.  Next I took an 18" length of ribbon, cut one end to a point and inserted a filigree brad. and  I tied a knot so the brad wouldn't fall off.  With the polystitched ribbon I put some crystal effects on the end to prevent it from fraying.  The other end of the ribbon was attached to the middle of the back with scotch tape.  Then I glued a 1 3/4" circle of coordinating card stock over that.  The back is now done.
Here is what the back looks like:
You can also see the Filigree brad, and the knot















With a stampin dimensional the flower was attached to the front of the flower.  Pearls were then put on each flower petal.
Here's the front:
This book mark is done in Poppy Parade, and I used an antique brad in the middle.  The other 2 are done in Melon Mambo and Rich Razzellberry.

No comments: