Sunday, September 12, 2010

Congratulations baby

It really was nice to sleep in my own bed the last 2 nights, but I wasn't able to stay there for very long.  I have 2 cats and they really missed me when I was gone.  They haven't left my side since I got home - following me from room to room, going frantic if I go out to the back deck, and going beserk when I go to bed.  As soon as it's daylight (around 6) one of them (Mischief by name) is caterwalling outside my bedroom door (No they don't sleep with me). Any of you who have pets that have been left alone for a while will understand what I am talking about. My friend did come in to feed them, clean their litter box etc. but it's not the same as "mommy".  So, I'm still rather tired.
I must tell you about a wonderful service provided here by Community Care.  It's called "Home at Last".  This service  gives you a ride home, takes you to the drug store to pick up prescriptions, takes you grocery shopping, brings your luggage in, unpacks, changes the linen on your bed, will put on a load of laundry and do light house keeping.  They will also arrange meals (through Meals on Wheels) if you don't have the strength to cook. And all this is free! The hospital arranges it once you are discharged. Since no one was able to give me a ride home I took advantage of the service - not all aspects of it, but some of it.  Isn't that a great service?

 I spent the day getting ready from my card making classes which start Sept 29.  This is one of the 3 cards I made today.
Stamp: Baby Steps(Pg. 19)
Paper:  Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink:  Marina Mist
Accessories:  White organza ribbon, Itty bitty button, Itty bitty punch to match button, rhinestone on top of button, dazzling diamonds, stamping dimensionals, Elegant Lines Embossing folder


The image was stamped twice.  The ears of both the elephants of the second image were covered with dazzling diamonds, cut out and superimposed on the main image.
The main image was then matted with Marina Mist and again with Whisper white.  Dazzling diamonds was then applied with a 2 two way glue pen to the whisper white matting.
A white bitty flower was punched out, covered with a clear bitty button and a rhinestone placed in the center of the button.
I chose to do this card in blue, but in can be done in any colour depending on the gender or unknown gender of the baby.
I'm really quite pleased with the way the card turned out.  What do you think?

1 comment:

Bibi said...

Your card is darling. So cute.