Sunday, May 16, 2010

From my garden - From my heart - a Mojomonday Sketch Challenge

Because it was such a beautiful day today, I spent some time in the garden, pulling weeds, and admiring the colors of some of the flowers blooming already.  This is my favorite time of year, so when I saw this sketch, my mind immediately said "flowers"!
This is my interpretation of the Mojomonday sketch challenge, although I did take a few liberties with the sketch (I hope no one is too upset with this).
Stamps:  A Flower for All Seasons, Garden from the Heart
Paper:  Creamy Caramel, Ballet Blue, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Very Vanilla, Not Just Navy, Travel Series Designer Paper, Basic black
Ink:  Dusty Durango, white craft ink, water colour pencils
Punches:  1 1/4" square, Curly Label
Other:  crimper, brads (non SU), white gel pen, stampin dimensionals

The images were stamped with white craft ink on black card stock and then colored with watercolor pencils and highlighted with a white gel pen.

1 comment:

Patti Chesky said...

What a great technique!!! Love those white highlights too!

Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.