Saturday, March 13, 2010

You Only Live Once - a Saturday sketch challenge

Yesterday I was "upsy".  Today, the weather is ugh!!! so I'm feeling a bit down.  So, I felt the palette for my card should be cheerful and protray a positive message.
Once again I'm using the Fifth Avenue Rose stamp set - a very favourite of mine.  I clear embossed 2 floral images and painted them using the wet paint technique, after which I cut them out, put a designer brad in the middle, and a stampin dimensional between.  With my fingers, I curled the edges up a bit.
The papers used were whisper white with the designer from the Neighborhood series.  All edges were inked with Rose Red ink.  Ribbon: melon mambo.  The button is non SU but looks very similar to the SU ones.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! love the greeting placement! Thanks for playing along this week!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is very pretty. I love the cut out flower and mix of card stocks. Beautiful.

Dana said...

This card is so cute and cheery. I love it. Great job!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card!! Great job using our sketch this week and thanks for playing along with us over at Stamping 411!!

Connie Babbert said...

so pretty...love the flower center you used on the card! Thanks for playing this week!