Friday, March 12, 2010

I give you a daisy, a daisy..,.a color combo challenge #3

Breaking out in song may not be the best thing to do - but I heard a robin yesterday and I have felt uplifted all day.  I think that's why I chose the stamp set "Upsy Daisy" for this challenge - I was feeling "Upsy"
The challenge was to use the following colors:  basic black, rose red, bashful blue, and whisper white.
Here's my card:
The basic card is Rose Red
On the Whisper White base layer, I dabbed Bashful Blue and Rose Red Stampin' Spots in a random pattern.  Upon that I stamped Upsy Daisy using black Stazon ink.  The blumble bee is from the "Blooming Beautiful" set, but I just left this little "buzz" in black and white although I was itching to put some yellow on him.  Some Crystal Effects on his wings perked him up though, so I don't feel so bad.
I also put Crystal Effects on the original stamp of Daisies.
The white base layer was matted with Bashful Blue.
I then used the new pinking hearts border punch to create borders on the top and bottom of the card to create  the illusion of a window.  Placing a piece of Rose Red crimped paper on top of that filled in the sill.
The ribbon is Bashful Blue, and some medium square pink rhinestone brads on the right edge added a bit of class.

1 comment:

rozie640 said...

Beautiful card, love the black heart trim, the flowers pop off the page, excellent job.