Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Punchie - flowers

I love using my punches for different effects on cards - where it be for edging, for making little creatures, objects, etc.  Today, I thought I'd focus on flowers.

"I Love my Coffee"
Flowers were punched with flower punch, and hearts on cup with the heart punch.  Stem with Big Shot

This flower in the card below was made from an old page from a dictionary.  I punched  two 1 3/4" circles, and  two 1 1/4" circles. After sponging the edges with chocolate chip ink, I cut into the circles to make a fringe.  These were then scrunched gentley, unwrapped, and glued together (I used glue dots but other adhesives can be used).  I found an old button and glued it to the center.  Lift edges.  Apply crystal effects.

Close up view of dictionary flower (below)

Side view













This felt flower  was cut using the Petal flower die and the Big Shot. Two petals were cut - one off white and one black ). Each petal was then cut in half, & the edges rounded.  I  used part of the Tulipe Bigz  to create the leaves protuding between the petals.  The center is an antique button from my collection.  Crystal effects and dazzling diamond were applied to the edges of the petals and the button.




Side view of felt flower

1 comment:

"Die Guthe" said...

You're blog is so nice,I love it.
I am an german SU Demo .
Hugs Gabi