Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blooming Beautiful - Mojomonday sketch challenge

It's winter (mild as it may be - and no snow on the ground) and I'm making a cards with a flower and a bee on it.  What got me thinking about flowers was my geraniums.  For the last 7 years I have overwintered my geraniums in my basement - usually in pots and under growing lights- but this year I just pulled them up in the fall and put them in Kraft bags.  Sunday and Monday I put all these tender plants in soil, watered them and put them under lights.  Some of them were already starting to sprout. Note:  I have a reputation around the neighbourhood about this practice, and my neighbours are more than willing to give me their geraniums to keep alive.
So, my card....
Stamp:  Blooming Beautiful
Ink:  Rose Red, Old Olive, Basic Black
Paper:  Old Olive, whisper white, rose red, welcome neighbourhood series designer paper
Markers: Rose Red, Real Red, Old Olive, Garden Green, Sunshine yellow, Bashful blue, Basic Black
Other:  Scallop trim border punch, scallop round punch, 1 3/4" round punch, 1 3/8" round punch, and 1 1/4" round. 5/8" satin ribbon, stampin' dimensionals

2 comments:

Mary R. said...

Stamp: Blooming Beautiful/ is that stamp from stamping up , Yes its beautihful......
\MaryRedford

Jinny said...

I agree, we need some springtime cheer! Lovely card, nice warm colors and interesting layout! Beautifully done.