Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Inspirational Sketches Thanks - TSOT #644

 I still feel awestricken after watching the total eclipse of the sun yesterday. I don't recall seeing the eclipse in 2017 but this one will stay etched in my memory.  I think what really got me was how eerie the light was as the eclipse was starting, how quiet everything was - there were no birds, no children playing, no music playing, no wind therefore no branches rustling, no squirrels. The darkness did not last very long, and before I knew it all the things that were absent were all of a sudden present. 

Tonight I decided to make a card using the sketch from TSOT.  For this sketch I decided to use one of the stamps from the Inspirational Sketches bundle - the mushrooms.

About a month ago I planted all my Canna and Calla lilies in pots and watched as one by one they sent up sprouts and formed stems and leaves.  I was very careful not to water them too much, yet still some of the soil in the pots grew some mushrooms. This inspired me to use the mushrooms as the main focus.



On a top folding Basic White card base, I added a layer of Wild Wheat card stock which I embossed with the "Bark" embossing folder. The edges were sponged with Wild Wheat ink.

Towards the left of this embossed piece , I added a piece of Rings of Love DSP, the edges of which were also sponged with the Wild Wheat ink.

On top of that and offset from the middle, I added a rectangular piece of Soft Suede cardstock which I embossed with the "Stripes" embossing folder.

The focal image was added to the bottom right corner of this embossed rectangle.


The colours of the Mushrooms, from the stamp set "Inspirational Sketches" were inspired by the DSP. Stampin' Blends (Poppy Parade, Wild Wheat, Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green) were used to colour them, after which they were die cut using the Inspirational Sketches die.

Before adding them to a die cut deckled circle, some "dots were added to the background using a dot stamp from the Irresistible Blooms stamp set.

The sentiment is from the same stamp set.

Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Inspirational Sketches, Irresistible Blooms

Inks:  Black Memento, Wild wheat, Soft Suede, Stampin' Blends (Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green,, Wild Wheat, Soft Suede)

Papers:  Basic White, Wild Wheat, Rings of Love DSP , Soft Suede

Accessories:  Bark embossing folder, Stripes Embossing folder, Sparkle gems Dimensionals, Deckles circle dies, Inspirational Sketches dies,


6 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Super variety of mushrooms - great bold colours. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Stamprgrl said...

Those mushrooms are so vibrant, love them! Thanks so much for joining us at TSOT this week.

-- Dalis
https://www.instagram.com/stamprgrl/

foleysfriend said...

Pretty card. Great job of using the colors from the patterned paper for your mushrooms. Thanks for joining us at Try A Sketch on Tuesday.

sue n.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a beautiful mushroom stamp and excellent coloring and the complementary background paper is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

Melanie R said...

Fabulous use of the DSP! Beautifully vibrant colors, too. Great card. Thank you for playing along with us at TSOT.

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

I love your mushroom card, Maria! They are so colorful and perfect for the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!