Friday, February 9, 2024

Love is in the Air - Double Trouble Paper craft Challenges #159

This challenge also partners with the Color Dare Challenge #586 And if I meet the requirements in the first and second parts I can post here

The first part of the challenge is to create a project for the special person in my life inspired by the song "Love is in the Air" by John Paul Young.

"Love Is In The AirEverywhere I look around (I look around...)Love Is In The AirEvery sight and every sound (and every sound...)
And I don't know if I'm being foolishDon't know if I'm being wiseBut it's something that I must believe inAnd it's there when I look in your eyes (your eyes...)"
And one of the ways to express love is a gift of flowers accompanied by a card.  I'm a gardener, but February is not a month where I can gather flowers from my garden.  So, I resort to making flowers from paper. That is what I did in this case.
I purchased a SVG pattern from The Dreaming Tree for my Scan n Cut machine, and made these Camelia flowers in a Valentine vase. This item is 9 inches tall and 6 inches wide. I tried to use the colours of the color dare challenge: (Red, pink, yellow, and white for the 3D item and Red, White,) In addition I made a card, using red, white and blue)





The vase is heart shaped, and in the center of the white center heart is another symbol of Love,  Three Camilia flowers are inserted in the vase, and emerging from all directions are tiny red glimmer hearts on very fine wire. There are pearls in the centre of each red glimmer heart.


In the center of the flowers are stamens of Daffodil Delight.




Above is a better close up of the flowers.



The card that accompany the gift shows a hedgehog carried along by a flotilla of heart shaped balloons.
The background was created using blender brushes and Balmy Blue and Boho blue inks. The Balloons are coloured a Real Red with some glitter added to them.
The sky is matted with Basic White and both layers are added to a Basic Black card base.  Some glitter is added to the balloons. I used the colours of the color challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #586 although they are not the exact match.



The image is added to the card front using dimensionals.

The birds are from "On the Horizon"

I did not have a suitable sentiment so I created one on the computer and added it to the card front.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Flight LOVE by Penny Black, On the Horizon
Inks:  Versa Mark, Stampin Blends (Real Red, Bubble Bath), Boho Blue, Misty Moonlight, Basic Gray
Papers: Basic Black, Basic White, Red Glimmer, Pink , Daffodil Delight, White glitter
Accessories:  Sweetheart dies, Nuvo silver glitter drops, Dimensionals, Blender Brushes, Camellia vase and flowers SVG




8 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

Maria, what a creation made with love! The vase and camellias are gorgeous, and I simply LOVE your hedgehog flying with his balloon bouquet against that wonderful blended sky!! Thank you so much for sharing your bouquet AND card with us at Double Trouble for our "Love is in the Air" challenge!!! -Donna

Suzanne Reynolds said...

You got it on the Colors for the card and love those glittery red balloons against your awesome background sky... thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Color Dare. Also what a great job you did on your flowers in a vase... gorgeous. There are a couple challenges out there that the flowers and vase would be a great entry for Creative Creases "A/G Fun Fold" at https://secretstamper.com/2024/02/anything-goes-with-a-fun-fold-for-creative-creases-75/ and/or at Beautiful Blossoms at https://beautifulblossomschallenge.blogspot.com/2024/01/beautiful-blossoms-challenge-anything.html
Check them out, they have and will be future partners with us at Double Trouble.

Michelle said...

Oh that flying hedgie is so cute! You did well with our colors and created a beautiful look. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Kellianne said...

Wow!!! Those flowers are absolutely amazing!!! All the work you surely put into them surely paid off! And I love that cute hedgie flying away with all those heart balloons. Perfect for our Love is in the Air challenge at Double Trouble! Thanks for joining us :)

Heidi said...

Wow so much time and care went into these projects! Well done! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare. -Heidi M.

Helen said...

Love that song and I love your projects too - those flowers are amazing!

Thanks for sharing it at the Double Trouble Challenge.

Helen x
Crazy Cousin

Becca Yahrling said...

The hedgie is so sweet! Love all the glitter on the balloon bouquet. Wonderful card (and what a fabulous vase!).Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Melanie R said...

How very special, Maria! The Camellias are absolutely beautiful and elegant in the vase. The card is also wonderful. Your recipient will be so surprised by this lovely paper-crafted gift. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #159. - Melanie R.