Thursday, February 8, 2024

A Special Requested birthday Card Class

 Two ladies approached me.  They had seen the cards I make and they wanted to learn how to make cards. Specifically they wanted to make birthday cards - one for a young lad turning 7, and the other for a young man turning 19.

Yesterday was the class. And what a delight!

According to Grandma, the young lad turning 7 loved animals - dinosaurs being one of them.  I had some napkins with dinosaurs on them, so the first demonstration was how to adhere napkins to card stock using mod podge and an iron.  From there she was guided as to how to make the remainder of the card. I unfortunately I did not take a picture of the finished card.

My second 'student' wanted to make a pop up card for her grandson who was turning 19.  His interests were musical as he played the guitar and had a boy band.
Although this was not an easy card, she wanted to make it, so again I guided her into making this card.  She did very well.


This is a 6 by 6" card, the base of which is Boho Blue card stock.
For the background of the card front, I downloaded this image from the internet and printed it onto Basic White card stock. The edges of this white card stock were sponged with Weathered Wood Distress Ink.
On that was added a die cut guitar and a Happy Birthday sentiment (also die cut).
I also added a left over musical note from the inside.





The panels on the inside were embossed with the Merriest Moments embossing folder, and the presents were fussy cut from a piece of DSP.  The guitar, musical notes and birthday sentiment were die cut from Halographic paper.


No comments: