Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Slimline Bird House birthday ca

q
Last week we got spoiled by that beautiful summery weather, with temperatures soaring up to 30 degrees. This week we are back to reality with outside temperatures more normal for April.
However with the sounds of the spring birds, the spring bug caught me . I pulled out a new stamp set featuring bird houses and  I made this slimline bird house card.

Before I started making the card, I stamped a page full of images from the stamp set and used the scan n cut to cut all the images out.
Then, instead of creating a background, I again used DSP to do all the work for me.  The paper I used is “Enjoy the Journey” DSP.
I coloured all the images with Stampin Blends a arranged them as you see in the card above.  Stampin dimensionals were used to give a more 3D effect.
Flowers and grass were stamped randomly at the bottom and the flowers coloured with blends.
After colouring the birds I placed them in various locations on the front. 
The completed image piece was matted with Sweet Sorbet card stock and added to a thick basic white card stock base.
Supplies Used:
Stamps:
Inks: Black Memento , Garden Green, various colours of Stampin Blends
Papers: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Enjoy the Journey DSP, Sweet Sorbet
Accessories: Dimensional, 2”circle punch

No comments: