Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Just For You Using the Quite Curvy Bundle

 The Curvy Stamp set and coordinating dies have certainly been a challenge for me because it is new and different.

However, I think I am getting my mojo back with regards to this stamp set,  and am using the dies to not "flatten" the curve but to use the curve.

This card could be a Valentine's Day card, or an Easter card, or a whatever card.


The 5 1/2 by 10 1/2"  card base of Thick Whisper White card stock is scored at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4".  It is folded in half and the top half is folded back on itself to form a Z fold card.

On the front is added a piece of Blushing Bride card stock 1 7/8" by 5 1/4" layered with the beautiful Love You Always Specialty DSP. This one sided, shiny foil paper comes in colours of Blushing Bride, Rococco Rose and Sahara Sand.  I almost hated to cut a piece of this for my card, but I took a deep breath, closed my eyes (well partially) and cut a piece measuring 1 3/4 by 5" in the Rococco Rose colour - and adhered it to the Blushing Bride cardstock on the front panel.

On the inside I first added a 4 by 5 1/4" of Blushing Bride card stock.  Then I took a piece of Whisper White card stock with the same measurements and die cut one of the long ends with the Curvy Edgelet die (floral pattern).  This I adhered to the Blushing Bride layer as shown below.


For the focal image, I used the Stitched Oval dies to die cut a larger (3 1/4 by 2 5/8") oval in Blushing Bride and a smaller one (2 3/4 by 2") in Whisper White. These two I adhered together.

On a separate piece of Whisper White I stamped 2 of the floral images and 2 of the birds using Black Memento ink.  I coloured the flowers with Stampin' Blends (Rococco Rose and Granny Apple Green) and the birds with Rococco Rose and Crumb Cake. All were die cut with the Curvy dies.


Before adhering them to the layered ovals, the sentiment was stamped in the center using Blushing Bride ink.  One of the floral strips was adhered to the top and the other on the bottom of the ovals.  The two birds were added at the top of the oval perching just on the edge.


Only part of the oval image piece (about 1 1/4") was adhered to the front panel. 

To finish the card, some Dazzling diamonds was added to the flowers and some champagne rhinestones were added randomly on the ovals and on the inside.


Supplies Used:
Stamp: Quite Curvy
Inks:  Black Memento, Blushing Bride, Stampin' Blends - both light and dark (Rococco Rose, Crumb Cake, Granny Apple Green)
Papers:  Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Love You Always DSP
Accessories:  Curvy Dies, Stitched Oval dies, Champagne rhinestones, Dazzling Diamonds


No comments: