Monday, June 22, 2020

You are Special - Hand Stamped Sentiments #341

Yesterday I was sitting in my swing chair under the lilac tree trying to identify the various birds I was hearing.  I could identify some, but not all, so I played a You Tube video to help with that.  Before I knew it I heard rustling in the branches above me followed by some bird calls.  I could not see this bird well, only a flash of yellow as it flew off.

This inspired my card for the sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments #341




Stamps:  Birds and Branches, Tasteful Touches

Inks:
Birds:  Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Basic Gray sponging
Eggs:  Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake




Papers:  Just Jade card base, layered with Soft Sea Foam embossed with the layered Leaf Embossing Folder.  At the left edge are two strips of different patterns of the Forever Greenery DSP.  Behind the peak holes is some Crumb Cake card stock.  The birds and sentiment are stamped on Whisper White card stock.

Accessories:  The birds and eggs are die cut with the Birds and More Dies; the peak holes punched with the 1" circle punch; the Soft Sea Foam card front embossed with the Layered Leaf Embossing folder; the eyes of the bird gold metallic pearls;  The sentiment, from Tasteful Touches, is punched with the Timeless Label punch and trimmed:  embellishments Butterfly Gems; foam adhesive strips are used to adhere front layer to card base.



1 comment:

Creations in paper said...

Love how you used the birds on your card using our sketch. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

Robbie