Monday, June 1, 2020

Concertina within a Concertina

I was intrigued by this card fold I saw on Pinterest and was motivated to give it a try. I ended up making 2 cards, a birthday one and a sympathy card.

Here is my twist on this card fold.




This was my first one.  Because I did not have the correct size of stitched rectangle die to create the openings through which the second concertina card passes through created were of different sizes.  So, for the second card I used the Nesting Label dies to create the opening.
Also, instead of using a 4 by 12" piece of Whisper White for the inner concertina fold, I used a 4 by 11" and as a result the concertina did not open as much as it should.
Below I used a 4 by 12" and the result made for a better fold.


View from the top showing the double concertina fold.



This is a 5 by 7" card and because it is rather thick it might not go through the slot in the post office.  It would make a wonderful special card for someone to be hand delivered to.





1 comment:

Cherie said...

Wow! Beautiful cards! Love the unique look! Thanks for sharing!