Saturday, February 1, 2020

The Power of Hope cards

Today I would like to share with you a couple of card I made using one of the free SAB offerings, a stamp set called "Power of Hope".
This stamp set surprised me and I surprised myself.
I must admit I was not impressed by this stamp set.  This happens now and then, and when that happens I challenge myself.  Sometimes one's initial impressions are not correct.


For the first card, I did some simple stamping and colouring on a die cut.  I had planned something more elaborate, but when I started to put the elements together, I loved the simplicity  of just the two items.

Sometimes all the stamps do not need to be used on each card.

Some colouring around each image and the card was done.



The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  The words were isolated using a Basic Black marker then stamped on a scrap of Whisper White.  After matting with Real Red card stock it was added to the lower right of the image piece.

The completed art piece was added to the embossed Real Red card stock front at an angle.  The base is Basic Black.


Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Power of Hope
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin' Blends (Real Red, Smoky Slate, Old Olive, Balmy Blue, Flirty Flamingo, Ivory, Basic Black), Basic Black marker.
Papers:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red
Accessories:  Stitched so Sweetly dies, Stone embossing folder,

The second card is even more simple, but I jazz it up by embossing with some die cuts using the embossing mats.  Using markers directly onto the stamp, the image of the tree was stamped in the center.  A light wash around the trees, and a bow made with a double Old Olive Baker's twine and the card is done.
The sentiment is from the same stamp set. The rhinestones are from the Noble Peacock collection.




I have another card to share with you tomorrow.

No comments: