Thursday, October 24, 2019

Ornament in a Cup - a craft fair item

I bought some cups at a thrift store and made them into ornaments for the Hand of Man craft show.

I think next time I would select a smaller cup with a wider mouth as this cup might be too heavy to hang in a Christmas tree.


The inside of the cup was painted with a metallic  blue paint and glitter was added to the outside using mod podge.  The glitter was sealed using hair spray.

On the inside I placed some texture paste I had made using cornstarch, white paint, white glue and water and then added glitter on top of that.  Various objects were placed in the texture paste and more snow was added over them. 



On the top of the cup I added some pine branches, various tiny ornaments were added to the top.  Some texture paste was added to the branches.

I'm pleased with the way it turned out.


No comments: