Friday, October 4, 2019

Apron Calendar - a Teacher's gift

For my craft sale the end of the month I am making some gifts that can be given to teachers that is not food related.  My daughter is a teacher and she tells me not to gift candy or chocolate and she has a lot of mugs already.
So, I came up with t he idea of making an apron calendar - one for the female, and one for the male teacher.


After making a template for both the basic structure of the apron and the DSP, I traced and cut out 2 pieces of thick whisper white card stock (one for the front and one for the back), two pieces of colour specific card stock, and 2 pieces of DSP.

Two holes were punched in the top and some ribbon was knotted through that. At the bottom I added to both front and back , a piece of thick whisper white card stock scored at 1/2" intervals and folded in accordion fashion to allow the calendar to stand up.

A mini calendar was added to the lower part of the apron, and a sentiment "To an A+ Teacher" above it and decorations/embellishments were added


Female Teacher:


Some frilly lace was added around the outside edges and some hand made roses decorated the apron front.

Male Teacher:



More neutral tones of card stock and DSP were used to make this apron.

As well as the calendar I included sentiments from "Guy Greetings" and "Harvest Blessings"

Both these projects fit into an A2 envelope.

No comments: