Saturday, August 3, 2019

Money Holder as Wedding Present

As I stated in my previous post, my son is getting married tomorrow.  After making their card, I made them a money holder .  My gift to them will be money to do with as they please.  The soon to be newly weds both insisted they did not need anything so my gift to them is money, and of course the hand made money holder. Because the colours on their invitation was Night of Navy and silver I used those colours in this holder.




The Money Holder is like a small purse with accordion sides  and held closed with a velcro dot (or a ribbon if you like) 

Start with a 10 1/4 by 6 1/8" piece of Night of Navy card stock and score at 2 3/4, 3 1/8, 6 1/2, and 6 7/8".
Die cut one of the ends using one of the Delicate Lace Edgelits.  I die cut a second piece as reinforcement and adhered it on top of the original.

Burnish folds

Adhere a 1 3/8 by 5 7/8" piece of DSP below the die cut area. 

Stamp on a 7 7/8 by 3 3/8" of Whisper White card stock.  I used Night of Navy ink and the Around the Corner stamp set.



 Adhere a velcro closure on the underside of this.

To make the side accordion pieces, cut two pieces of 2 1/4 by 3 3/8 Night of navy card stock, and score each of them at 3/8, 3/4, 1 1/8, 1 1/2, and  1 7/8" Accordion fold and burnish with a bone folder.
Adhere each inside of holder using double sided tape.



Decorate outside as you wish.  Because the first initial of both the bride and groom start with the letter "M" I die cut an M for each corner.  I made a corsage of various colour flowers - a blue rolled rose (tinged with gold embossing), some lime green daisies (the colour of the bride's business), some silver leaves as well as punched Old Olive leaves. For bling I added some silver rimmed pearls. Finally I adhered a white organza bow at the front end of the corsage.


Now all the needs to be done is add some money, close it up, add a tag and gift it.






No comments: