Saturday, July 20, 2019

Stamping on a Mug

I always like to try something different and the other day I woke up with this idea - stamping on a mug.  Where the idea came from I don't really know, so it's probably not my original idea.

What you will need is a white mug with no pattern on it.  I found these mugs in the Dollar Tree.

  

After applying black Stazon ink to the Free as a Bird stamp, I laid it on the table stamp side up. and rolled the mug over it. It didn't work the first couple of tries, and after cleaning the mug with alcohol I was able to stamp the image successfully.  I think the next time I will stamp a bit higher up the mug.


I used Stampin' Blends to color the images, but it did cause the Stazon to blur a bit.  It would probably be helpful to apply a fixative prior to colouring as well as after.


No comments: