Sunday, June 16, 2019

Colouring the Magnolia

Yesterday I felt like doing some colouring and that's probably a good thing since I was supposed to stay off my feet.  My foot and ankle have been very painful and swollen since Friday (3 days) and an ultrasound test showed  a partial tear of a tendon in my ankle.  Treatment is elevating the foot, wrapping it with a bandage, applying ice and REST.

I stamped two images of the Magnolia flower onto separate pieces of  Whisper White card stock, colouring one in shades of purple, with Old Olive leaves, and the other in shades of yellow, with Mossy Meadow leaves.  Colouring these flowers was so satisfying and I was very pleased with the way they turned out.




I used the following Stampin' Blends:  Light and Dark Purple Posy, Dark Blackberry Bliss, Dark Daffodil Delight for the center, Soft Suede light and dark for the stem; Light and Dark Old Olive and Daffodil Delight for the leaves.







This flower I coloured with the following Stampin' Blends:  Light and Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Mango Melody, Light and Dark Mossy Meadow and Light and Dark Soft Suede.


After die cutting the flowers,  they were adhered it to a Whisper White piece of card stock stamped with the Crackle background stamp.  This was adhered to a piece of Magnolia Lane DSP , then Whisper White card stock, and this onto a Soft Suede card base for the Purple Flower and a Mossy Meadow card base for the Yellow Flower.


No comments: