Friday, January 18, 2019

A Team Member's Anniversary Card

Anniversaries need to be celebrated, and when my team members reach an anniversary date of the time of their signing up with Stampin' Up I make a special card for them and either give it to them at a meeting of the team, or I mail it to then

In this particular case, this is her two year anniversary with Stampin' Up as well as a member of my team.

Here is the card I made for her.

I apologize for the editing of the pictures.  An editing program I usually use was giving me grief tonight.


I found the "Friendship's Sweetest Thoughts" stamp set when I was sorting through my stamps and thought it would be perfect for an anniversary card.

The base card  is Fresh Fig, layered with Whisper White card stock embossed with the Dot to Dot embossing folder.  At the far left I added a 2" strip of the patterned Vellum from the Floral Romance DSP. On top of that is a Whisper White lacy die cut which was cut using the Delicate Lace Edgelits. On the stitch line of this die cut I added a  piece of 1/8" Fresh Fig ribbon.



Tip: Adhere vellum  using the Sizzix adhesive sheets rather than tape or glue dots.


The image was coloured with ink pads and a blender pen.

 Tip: With the new ink pads it is difficult to 'squeeze' ink onto the inside of the lid. If ink is needed for colouring with a blender pen etc. place a clear acrylic block onto the ink pad and use the ink from that for colouring.

The image was die cut using the layering oval framelits and matted with a scallop oval in Fresh Fig card stock.  The two layers were adhered together using dimensionals..

The sentiment is from "Best Birds" and is stamped in Fresh Fig ink.  A triple bow is added to the left of the sentient with a glue dot.

To finish the card, I added tiny pearls to the center of each flower, and 3 larger pearls that I coloured with a Blackberry Bliss stampin' blend.  Some clear Wink of Stella was added to the canopy, flowers and cart.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Friendship's Sweetest Thoughts, Best Bird
Inks:  Black Memento, Sahara Sand, Fresh Fig, Petal Pink, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow
Papers:  Fresh Fig, Whisper White, Floral Romance DSP
Accessories:  Layering Oval Framelits, Delicate Lace Edgelits, 1/8" Fresh Fig ribbon, Wink of Stella , Pears, Dot to Dot Embossing Folder, Blender Pen  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card! And thank you for the great tip