Friday, July 6, 2018

Clematis made with Roots of Nature framelits

My garden is part of a Garden Tour tomorrow, and I have been carefully nurturing the flowers as they bloom.  One of the flowers blooming now is my pink Clematis - a flowering vine.  It is putting on a beautiful show.

I'm also getting ready for a Catalogue launch Open House the weekend after, , and for that event I have been focusing on the Roots of Nature stamp set and coordinating framelits.

Ever have an ah hah experience??

Suddenly, while working in the garden I had an epiphany!.  Why not use the leaf framelit from the Nature Roots framelits to make a paper flower?  Looking up, the first think I saw was the pink Clematis and the rest is history.

Below is the paper flower I made.   Next to it is the real flower.




I die cut 6 petals from Petal Pink card stock and sponged the edges with Highland Heather ink.  After spritzing them to blend the colors, and drying them with the heat tool, each petal was shaped using a stylus and the tips nipped between my fingers.  An extra 2 petals were die cut using Mossy Meadow card stock with the edges of these sponged with Mossy Meadow ink. These became the leaves.

A 1" circle was punched from Mossy Meadow card stock, and the flower petals were hot glued to this circle base.  The leaves were hot glued at the back so that they showed between the petals.

For the center, I cut a strip of Whisper White card stock with some paper snips at varying lengths and rolled it with some tweezers gluing the ends together.  The tips were lightly sponged with Highland Heather ink and spread out, and added to the flower center using hot glue.


Below are a couple of more pictures of this colourful vine.




1 comment:

Patrice Espy said...

You are the paper flower queen. These look so life like. Great job Maria.