Saturday, May 26, 2018

Stained Glass Bookmarks

Less than a week and the new Annual catalogue goes live!!!  I can hardly wait!

I was out in the garden splitting some perennials for a plant sale I am having on June 2, and 3rd, but a pop up thunder storm brought me inside.  I can't say I'm disappointed because the flower beds were very dry and I would have had to water this evening.

Inside I'm still working with flowers - but with images on the most beautiful vellum I have ever seen!  This 6 by 6" vellum pack is very aptly named "Graceful Glass".  I've already made a couple of cards using this paper, but today I thought I'd try my hand at making some book marks. Here's a link to the cards made with this vellum: card 1

Although the blendabilites will not be available for order until mid June, I couldn't resist getting this coloring medium out and colour the flowers (on the wrong side)  I left the background alone.

The finished book mark was adhered to a 1 1/4 by 6" piece of Whisper White card stock (using the new adhesive sheets- and no the tape marks do not show).  The new triple punch was used to punch a fancy floral corner and a tag hole at the top of this piece.

Some coordinating ribbon and a bow (as well as a non SU embellishment) was added to each book mark after which it was added to a 1 1/2 by 6" piece of Basic Black card stock.  The top of this piece was rounded with the corner rounder punch.

Calypso Coral ombre ribbon 

















Lemon Lime Twist ombre ribbon

















Metallic edge Berry Burst ribbon

















Island Indigo ombre ribbon


















Supplies Used:
Papers:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Graceful Glass Vellum pack
Inks:  Blendabilities
Accessories:  Various colors of 1/4" ombre ribbons, linen thread, Triple punch,

No comments: