Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Graceful Glass Vellum - Sneak Peak new vellum DSP

My Dad made some wonderful Stained Glass window hangings, and almost 20 years after his death I still have them hanging in my window.

There's an enduring nature about this artistic medium, and for Stampin' Up to bring out a 6 by 6" Vellum pack of various patterns to color is absolutely marvelous!

Coloring can be done with markers, watercolor pencils, blender pens, but for me the preferred method are the Blendabilities.  They are not available for ordering until June but I managed to get some earlier so I am using them to color this stained glass image.

The card base is a top folding Bermuda Bay card, layered with a Striped embossed Whisper white layers.

The stained glass vellum (there are 2 images on a 6 by 6" page) was colored on the wrong side using blendabilites.  Then I matted it with glimmer paper leaving a1/8" margin around the outside before adhering it to the card front.  Some Clear Wink of Stella on the flowers and butterflies completed the picture.




The sentiment is from "Love What You Do"- and is stamped with Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White card stock - and added to the card top using dimensionals.



To finish the card I added some  Bermuda Bay enamel shaped embellishments.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Love What You Do
Inks:  Bermuda Bay, Blendabilites
Papers:  Graceful Glass Designer Vellum, Whisper White, Glimmer Paper, Bermuda Bay
Accessories:  Stripes embossing folder, Bermuda Bay Enamels shapes, dimensionals, Clear Wink of Stella


No comments: