Tuesday, May 8, 2018

A Bench Fold Barbeque card

I've made a Bench fold card before (sometimes this fold is referred to as a U-fold), but for other occasions.  Because the versatility of this card fold lends itself to decorating for almost any occasions I had previously used this fold to create a wedding card  here; a Christmas card here and even a Halloween card here

For today, I wanted to make a masculine BBQ card using the Apron Love and it's coordinating Apron Builder framelits.  Because I have used up the True Gentleman DSP I have used the Coffee Specialty DSP.

I used the bench fold tutorial on Splitcoaststampers here





The base card is 4 1/4 by 11 3/4" piece of Crumb Cake card stock scored at 2, and 3 7/8" at each end and then folded in to form a bench.
I added DSP to each of these areas.
The feet for the BBQ were die cut using the smaller die of the Lots of labels framelits.

For the back wall, I mounted some rectangular pieces of silver foil on Basic Black card stock  and attached it to the wall.

For the BBQ cook top, I die cut some small foil circles and mounted them on a larger Basic Black circle and attached them to the table top.  I also added a foil "warming" tray and placed some utensils around it.

A coffee pot and mug were cut from the DSP leaving a 1/2" strip of DSP at the bottom of each.  The pot and mug were adhered to each of the burners by this extra piece of DSP.




Finally  I die cut an apron, added a pocked and some utensils, and the meat is ready to put on the burners.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Apron of Love
Inks:  Black Memento
Papers:  Crumb Cake, Coffee Break DSP, Early Espresso, Silver Foil, Basic Black
Accessories:  Layering Circle Framelits, Lots of Labels Framelits, Apron Builder Framelits



No comments: