Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Happy to Know You

I can't believe Sale-a-bration days are drawing to a close.  The days have slipped by me as I have been busy preparing for my Giant Stamp/craft sale on Saturday.  It's been a lot of hard work, and I hope it pays off.

The sale comes at a good time.  A new roof was put on my house almost 14 years to the date I had the last roof put on.  Because of climate change roof's no longer last 25 years before they have to be replaced.

Most of my profit will go towards paying for the roof.

Today I finally had time to play with one of the new SAB products from thee new brochure  "Springtime Foil Specialty DSP".  What beautiful paper!!!  As soon as I opened the pack I fell in love!

The images on this paper can be coloured with the Blendabilities, but I was reluctant to do so because the paper is so gorgeous, but I broke down .

For this card I used 2 of the patterns adhered to a Basic Black card stock base.

The leaves in the upper DSP were coloured with both shades of the Old Olive Blendabilities.  I started out tentatively hating to destroy the beauty of the paper, but I quite like the results.

Some 1/4" natural trim with silver ribbon was adhered on the seam between the upper and lower patterns.  A bow was made of the same ribbon and added to the front with a glue dot.

The sentiment, embossed with silver embossing powder, was die cut with a stitched circle framelit and added to the card front with dimensionals.  A petite petal flower and leaf were punched, shaped and added to the card front on the left of the sentiment.  A pearl, coloured with a blendability, was added to the center of the flower.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Barn Door
Inks:  Versa Mark, Stampin Blendabilities (Old Olive)
Papers:  Basic Black, Springtime Foil Specialty DSP, Silver Foil
Accessories:  Stitched Circle Framelits, Petite Flower Punch, Leaf Punch, Pear coloured with Old Olive Blendability, 1/4" Natural Trim with silver, dimensionals. Silver embossing powder

No comments: