Friday, March 23, 2018

Epic Celebration with the Eclipse Technique

I'm getting ready for my masculine card class, and at the request of a student I am making a card using the Eclipse Technique.

The Epic Celebration stamp set, a SAB stamp, seems perfect for this technique.

On a 3 3/4 by 5" piece of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the large dot stamp from Touches of Texture stamp set using Cherry Cobbler ink.

Then I die cut the word "EPIC" using the large letter framelits.

After adhering this piece to a Cherry Cobbler card base, the letters were reinserted into the negative die cut space using foam tape.  Some Wink of Stella was applied over the letters.  However, it caused the ink to smear somewhat so I would not do that again.

On a separate piece of Whisper White card stock, the images of the guitar, shoes, and headphones were embossed with black embossing powder, coloured with Blendabilites, then fussy cut.  I added these to the card front below the raised "eclipsed" word.  The head phones fit perfectly over the "C".  On top of the "I" I placed a small button.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Epic Celebrations, Touches of Texture
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Versa Mark, Blendabilities
Papers:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Accessories:  Large Letters Framelits, Foam Tape, True Gentleman Buttons

No comments: