Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Congratulations on Your New Home

Sometimes  a stamp set surprises you, and this stamp set with its' coordinating die really surprised me!  In a good way that is!
When I picked it up to use it I really questioned my sanity in purchasing these items.  But rather than continuing to chastise myself I instead challenged myself.

Here's what I came up with:

First I created a background using the Brusho Crystals, choosing a homogenous layered approach - blue for the sky and green for the grass.  I chose other stamps to bring definition to the sky and ground.
For  the clouds I stamped images from "Lift Me Up"; the grass elements from "Sheltering Tree"


Once the background was complete I die cut the outline of the house from the Color Theory DSP, and embossed the lower part of the house with the Brick embossing folder.  A bit of sponging with Basic Gray ink brought the brick pattern out a bit better.



The house itself seemed a bit plain, so I added a die cut window/window frame and door/door frame
from the Home Sweet Home Thinlets.  Some Daffodil Delight card stock behind  the window made it look like someone was home.  The décor elements of the door were highlighted with a white gel pen.

Now here is where the Welcoming Home Framelit really surprised me!

I first used the stamp set to stamp the flowers in Sweet Sugar plum ink, and when I die cut them I quickly realized this was a quick way to die cut many flowers at once.  I did not use all the flowers I die cut so I was able to save some for future use.


The front of the house was decorated with a potted plant on each side of the door.  The pots, stamped and die cut separately, were coloured with the Pumpkin Pie blendability and the other die cut stem and flowers were added separately.  The new adhesive sheets were very helpful in adhering these pieces.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Home Life, Lift Me Up, Sheltering Tree
Inks:  Brusho crystals, Dapper Denim, Old Olive, Sweet Sugar plum, Pumpkin Pie Blendability, Basic Gray, Black Memento
Papers:  Dapper Denim, Whisper White, Color Theory DSP, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Watercolor Paper
Accessories:  Welcome Home Framelits, Brick Wall Embossing Folder, Sweet Home Framelits, Adhesive sheets,

No comments: