Thursday, November 2, 2017

A Winter Scene using a Negative Die Cut

During a class today, one of my students die cut a double tree using a die from the Card Front Builder framelit, from a Scallop Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper circle.  She looked at the negative image that was left and brought it over to me stating it would make a wonderful card.

Here's what I came up with.


On a piece of Night of Navy card stock, I white embossed some snowflakes using the stamp set "Night of Bethlehem".  I then added the scallop circle with the negative image of the double trees, positioning it so the snowflakes showed through.
Then I die cut another tree in Night of Navy card stock, white embossed the edges and adhered it to the left using dimensionals.
Another Dazzling Diamond Glimmer tree was adhered to the left of the die cut.
For added interest 2 deer were die cut using Gold Glimmer paper and added using dimensionals.

It's amazing what you can create with "left overs" and a little imagination - thanks to an alert student.

No comments: