Thursday, October 12, 2017

Harvest Craft Show in Buckhorn, Ont.

Thanksgiving Weekend  I was a vendor at the Harvest Craft Show in Buckhorn, Ont.  This was a relatively large show with over 100 vendors, most of whom I had worked with for about  5 years - so they were like family to me.  However, this will be the last year doing this show because the Community Center board arbitrarily raised booth prices by almost 150%, making this venue now unaffordable.


Usually I get a smaller both, but this year I got a 16 foot booth in a really visible area.

A lot of my customers were repeat customers expressing happiness in seeing me. I think they will be disappointed that I won't be back next year.

One gentleman stopped  by my booth just before closing on Monday stating he always buys cards from me and frames them as pieces of art.  I was astonished and flattered at the same time.

I can't believe how well I did this year, selling over 3/4 of my cards and a lot of my other products.  All the Halloween treats were sold as well. I went home with a lot of empty boxes and a lot of money in my pocket.


















The weather was also great although we did get some rain Saturday and Sunday night, but both days turned out sunny and warm.

Although I was busy I did take a few moments to walk around the grounds to take some photos of the beauty of the gardens - the flowers past their prime, but still beautiful.


No comments: