Tuesday, September 5, 2017

School Days - Try Stampin' on Tuesday or Not #338

The optional theme attached to this week's sketch is "School Days".  Seeing as this is Labour Day weekend (the last official weekend of the summer), with the kids going back to school this week, the theme is most appropriate.

When I think of school, I think of my daughter, who is a Primary School Teacher (grade 3).  I also think of apples.  I can't put my daughter on a card, but I can make an apple.

The sketch is by Kaylin.



Recognize Swirly Bird's coordinating framelit?? I have had more use out of this particular framelit (even though I was most vocal in stating that I did not like it when it first came out)

Both the large and medium "swirls" were die cut using Real Red DSP; the two leaves in Pear Pizzazz and they were adhered to some chalkboard paper (retired).  At the top I white embossed "Just a Note".  This was matted with Whisper White card stock, and added to the card front using dimensionals.

The card base is Crushed Curry, layered with Whisper White and then a retired children's DSP.  Two panels of the reverse side of the DSP were added to the top and bottom.  Some Real Red Baker's twine was wrapped 3 times around the bottom one and tied into a bow on the right side.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Flourish Phrases
Inks:  Versa Mark
Papers:  Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Children's DSP (retired), Chalkboard paper (retired)
Accessories:  White embossing powder, dimensionals, Swirly Scribbles Die, Red Baker's Twine

No comments: