Thursday, August 10, 2017

Umbrella Baby Shower Card

Okay, so I like to play and I like to experiment - as long as I'm not in a time crunch!

One of the new products I have had a lot of fun playing with is the new Embossing paste and the decorative masks.

During my "play time" I made a number of  backgrounds and set them aside .....

Today I had an inspiration -

I needed a baby shower card, so I pulled out the "cloud" background I created on Pool Party card stock.  When I was making this background I embossed the Embossing paste with clear embossing powder while it was still wet. Note: To avoid "bubbling" of the paste, I did not heat emboss until the paste was dry.  The result? A wonderful glitter that can't really be seen on the picture below.



Using the  Umbrella Weather  framelits, I die cut an umbrella and an umbrella handle in Whisper White card stock.  I also punched numerous Itty Bitty flowers in Whisper White and So Saffron.

After adhering the umbrella and umbrella handle together I  layered  the  itty bitty flowers on the umbrella, completely covering it, overlapping the flowers for a full 3D look.  I let some flowers fall off the umbrella one landing on the sentiment. Small rhinestones were added to each floral center.  One can never have too much bling.

Before adhering the now decorated umbrella (using dimensionals) to the card front,  I tied a 1/8" Whisper White ribbon bow  around the handle, and added the same ribbon to the left side of the art piece.


Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Non SU
Inks: Black Memento
Papers:  Whisper White, Pool Party, So Saffron
Accessories:  Itty Bitty flower punch, Cloud Decorative Mask, Embossing paste, Clear embossing powder,  Umbrella Weather framelits, rhinestones, 1/8" Whisper White sheer ribbon, dimensionals, glue dots


No comments: