Friday, July 7, 2017

Friend Tuxedo Fold Card

This card is an extension of the card box and because it looks like a man's tuxedo, it is called a tuxedo fold card.  I used a video tutorial  here to make my card.

I used retired Botanical DSP and the retired Botanical Builder Framelits.

This card cam stand upright without support.  I used Pool Party as the base for this card, and the Botanical DSP on the various triangular areas.  Cutting the various pieces was a bit tricky, but I was able to catch on after a while.

Inside the box are two support bars, much like the box cards.  Four 1/2 by 5" strips of Pool Party were used to attach the various die cut pieces to and then attach to the support bars. Usually I use strips of window sheets, but thought I would try this author's method.  I think I like the window sheet better.

The sentiment is from "Lovely Inside and Out", stamped in Cajun Craze on Whisper White and punched with the note tag punch. This was adhered below the left flap.  On the right flap, help in place with a clip is the rest of the sentiment.

To finish the card, I attached a bow made with Pool Party seam binding.

This card does lie flat for mailing, but a special envelope would have to be made.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Lovely Inside and Out
Inks:  Cajun Craze
Papers:  Pool Party, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Basic Black, Botanical DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Note tag punch, assorted paper clips, 5/8" Pool Party seam binding (retired), Botanical Builder framelits (retired)

No comments: