Thursday, March 30, 2017

Succulents in an Ornament

Do you ever have an idea that sits and sits in your mind and you can't get it out?

This is what happened to me.  Ever since I started making Succulents using the So Succulent framelits I have wanted to make some plants and place them in half an ornament.

Today I did just that, and now maybe my mind will have room for other things.

This is a close up of the front view.  It almost looks like there's a light behind the plants.
After putting some moss in the bottom of the ornament, I added two medium succulents and 1 smaller one.  I made a smaller cactus to complete my garden.


Side view

The succulents were die cut using the Succulents Framelits.  Each petal was sponged with Old Olive, Tip Top Taupe and Rich Razzelberry, and then were shaped with shaping tools. Tombo glue was used to adhere the various layers together and then hot glued to the moss inside the ornament.



Close up

Supplies Used:
Stamp: Timeless Texture (for cactus)
Inks:  Succulents (Old Olive, Tip Top Taupe, Rich Razzelberry); Cactus (Always Artichoke)
Papers: Succulents (Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum)  Cactus (Old Olive & Flirty Flamingo for flower on top)
Accessories: So Succulent framelits, Small oval punch, clear plastic ornament

No comments: