Friday, February 17, 2017

A Succulent Centerpiece

Okay, so I've been a bit obsessed with succulents lately! I don't know about you, but once I get something in my head it is hard to get the idea out.
I wanted to make a centerpiece featuring succulents, and seeing what other demonstrators have made  on Pinterest has only fueled my determination.

Two days ago I went on the hunt in thrift stores looking for a suitable container and I found one! I didn't have any floral foam, so cut some Styrofoam balls in half and hot glued them to the container. Some Spanish moss was hot glued to that.

This is my collection of succulents.  Behind the peat post is the center piece that I have been working on.








I worked on this center piece on and off for 3 days, and made succulents in various sizes in Sweet Sugarplum, Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe.
There are also 3 sizes of cacti at one end.





This is a different view.  I put a yellow fringed center is each of the Sweet Sugarplum succulents.












A close up of some of the succulents
















A close up of another part.

No comments: