Thursday, December 15, 2016

Lights on a Card

This card is not made with SU products but I can see the possibilities for transference to some stamp sets and Framelits - notably the retires sleigh ride edgelits.  I made this kit because I wanted to learn how to utilize the technology, and it turned out to be easier than I thought.  Here's the card, taken in dim lighting so that the lights would show.

Isn't that neat?
I have played with putting Chibi lights on cards, but that is only a single tiny bulb.  But you can see there are 8 on this string. These are called Fairy Lights.  They are unfortunately not available for purchase in Canada.  Drat!!
How did I get them then?  Believe it or not at the only large craft store remaining in town.  They had a large clearance sale on yesterday and when I saw them I almost whooped for joy.  I ended up buying all the remaining kits just for the lights.

Now I want to make a SU card using these lights, so stay tuned.

No comments: