Monday, September 5, 2016

Swirly Bird - Four cards in 4 minutes

When I first saw the Swirly Bird stamp set my immediate reaction was of dislike.  All I saw were different shapes of pieces that did not seem to fit together to make any sort of coherent card.  Whenever this happens to me I challenge myself - challenge myself to make something with these different elements.  I first went on Pinterest to see what other demonstrators were making , so I began to experiment.

I was happy with the few cards I put together, and then decided to make the first card making class of the season a "Swirly Bird" class.  Talk about challenging yourself!!

After I completed the cards, I had bits and pieces left over, so gathered them together, and in the next 4 minutes I had 4 cards-a Halloween one, 2 Christmas ones, and a masculine birthday.

My intent now is to display these cards to demonstrate to the students how versatile this set with its coordinating framelit/dies is.

Here are the four cards:










I also put together some other images that can be made with this stamp set, but did not make them into cards - a couple of kites, a boat with 2 colour of sails, and a boat in a jar.





Challenge yourself!!  See how many different cards you can make using this stamp set , a stamp set that on first viewing I disliked so much, and ended up doing so much with.

No comments: