Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Another Halloween Treat container

Want another use for the Clear Tiny Treat Boxes featured on Pg. 176 of the Annual Catalogue?  For $10.50 (before S & T) you get 16 boxes that are 2 by 2 by 2 when put together.


When I was looking at the boxes, suddenly I had an idea to make them into a Halloween treat holder for jelly beans.  Because jelly beans are a bit heavier, it is important to tape the bottom, and after all the candy is in, to tape the lid shut.  You'll see the taped bottom in one of the pictures later in the post.

Here's what I did.

A piece of DSP was cut at 1 3/4" by 8 1/8" and adhered to the outside of the box.  Then I die cut some trim in either Basic Black or Pumpkin pie using a retired die, and placed that near the bottom of the box.

On the lid I attached a 1 3/4 by 1 3/4" square piece of Basic Black card stock.  On that I attached a premade flower upon which was hot glued a creepy spider or fly or whatever spooky I could find.







You can see the jelly beans through the clear bottom - also the tape.

 

No comments: