Sunday, July 31, 2016

Pop of Paradise in a Large Square Double Display Card

This time I think I got the fold right.  It took a couple of tries, but I did it. The fold reminds me of the Triple Fold card.
Again, I used the video tutorial by Dawn here

The base card is Night of Navy, 6 by 12", and was scored and cut accoding to the directions in the video.
On the long side, the cardstock was scored at 1,2,4,5,7,8,10, and 11 inches
On the short side, the cardstock was placed on the 1" mark, and a cut was made from the 1" mark to the 5" mark, and then from the 7"  to the 11" mark.  This was done on both sides of the cardstock.
Making the folds was a bit tricky, but I managed it.  I must admit I stopped and rewound the video several times before I got it right.
Here are the measurements for the cardstock pieces (I used Very Vanilla)
  • one 3 7/8 by 3 7/8" for the center
  • two 2 by 6" for the front
  • two 1 7/8 by 3 3/8"
  • six 17/8 by 7/8"
Use the DSP of your choice for the front, cutting it 1/8" smaller than the cardstock pieces.  I used the Affectionately Yours DSP.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Pop of Paradise, Timeless Texture, Gorgeous Grunge
Inks: Watermelon Wonder, Crumb Cake, Cucumber Crush, Daffodil Delight, Versa Mark
Papers: Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Affectionately Yours DSP, Cucumber Crush
Accessories:  1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, copper embossing powder

No comments: