Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Jar of Love Meets Bunch of Blossoms

I finally broke down and bought a new Laptop computer, which has Windows 10 on it. You know what's coming don't you.
 Last night I was setting it up and wherever I went there were passwords, including the most important one - the one to let me access my computer.  I thought I had entered it correctly and had written it down, but when I went to access my computer this morning the password wouldn't work.  Ugh!!!  To reset it, a special flashdrive is needed!  Awww!!! This is a steep learning curve!  So, I went back to my old computer to do this post.

The card I made last night is one inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest.
It combines 3 stamp sets - Jar of Love, Bunch of blossoms and Time of Texture.


Focal Image:
The 3 floral petals were triple stamped using Sweet Sugarplum Ink, the first stamping I stamped off once before stamping; the second and third layers full strength.  The three small leaves were stamped first with Pear Pizzazz and then with Old Olive ink,  They were punched out using the coordinating punch set and set aside.
The jar was then stamped and die cut. Water (Pool Party) was stamped to the bottom of the jar.

Background: 
The Timeless Texture stamp set was used here.  I started out by using one of the stamps inked with Basic Gray ink  and moved it  slowly around the perimeter of the Whisper White  piece.  Then,  3 layers of the "dot" stamp were stamped along the left lower side.
To finish the background, the floral image was stamped in the upper left and lower right corners in Sweet Sugarplum ink

Creating the Card:
The die cut jar was now adhered to the card front with a temporary adhesive.  The image of the delicate flowers were stamped twice with the stems extending well into the jar.  An extra stem was stamped into the jar and extending over the top.
The jar was removed, the ribbon and bow attached to the jar neck, and the flower petals were  built up at the top of the 3rd stem.  One was adhered directly to the card front: the econd and third with dimensionals.
The jar was now added to the front with dimensionals, matching all stems.  The leaves for the flower were now added, as well as the bow.

The stamped sentiment was die cut using the Layering Circles Franmelit and matted with a Sweet Sugarplum circle.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Jar of Love, Timeless Texture,   Bunch of Blossoms
Inks: Black Memento, Pool Party, Sweet Sugarplum, Old Olive Basic Gray, Pear Pizzazz
Papers:  Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories: Blossom Builder Punch, Layering Circles Framelits, Everyday Jar Framelits, Dimensionals                        

No comments: