Monday, July 11, 2016

Fresh Fruit - Fab Friday # 91

I have so many allergies it is hard to eat the food I love - and one of those food is fresh fruit. If I eat them my face swells up and I looks like I've been beaten with blunt force trauma.

My Aunt used to live in the Niagara region where most of the peaches, plums, cherries etc were grown and picked. I've spent many holidays there helping pick fruit off the trees, and strawberries in the muddy fields.  Being careful I did not eat anything I picked and kept my epi pen handy.

That's one of the reasons why I love this stamp set and coordinating DSP so much.  Touching them won't give me an allergic reaction.

This card was made for the sketch challenge with Fab Friday

  • The fruit, and the leaves for them, was stamped on a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock.  After cutting them out and attaching the leaves (some with stems) to them, they were arranged on a rectangular piece of white cardstock stamped in Pear Pizzazz, with the background stamp from "You've Got This".  Some clear Wink of Stella glimmer was added to the fruit and leaves.
  • After matting this image piece with Watermelon Wonder cardstock it was adhered to the card front using dimensionals. Three white perfect accents were attached along the right side of the image.
  • The basic cardstock is Watermelon Wonder, layered with Whisper White then Fruit Stand DSP paper.
Supplies Used: 
Stamps: Fresh Fruit, You've Got This
Inks: Black Memento, Peek-a-boo Peach, Crushed Curry, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush
Pear Pizzazz
Papers: Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White, Fruit Stand DSP
Accessories: White perfect accents, Wink of Stella clear glimmer brush, dimensionals

No comments: