Sunday, July 24, 2016

3D Toilet Paper Christmas Tree

I really would like to make a 12" tall Christmas tree using a paper towel roll and rows of Rosettes - one I had seen on Pinterest.  But, first I thought I would try it on a smaller scale - using a toilet paper roll and last year's Christmas DSP. There are some adjustments I need to make, but on the whole  I am pleased on the outcome
The tree is 7 1/2" tall and at it's widest point at the bottom is 4 3/4".
The toilet paper roll is covered with Garden Green cardstock and a hot glue gun is used to attached the rosette layers to the roll.
It has 4 rosette layers, with another one at the top of the tree.  Between the laters is a 1/2 by 6" strip of DSP wrapped around the roll. This helps to space the rosettes. Two rosettes adhered side by side are glued on end on the top of the tree.
I used the gold stickers that came with the June Paper Pumpkin kit to create the sentiment placed on a Garden Green 1 3/4" scallop circle.
Some gold glitter was applied to the top rosettes and one of the layers

Supplies Needed: 
  • 1 toilet paper roll
  • Garden green cardstock
  • Cherry cobbler cardstock
  • Christmas DSP in 12" lengths
  • Hot glue gun
  • Scoring tool   
  • Gold glitter (optional)                                                                 


Bottom layer:   (2) pieces of 1 1/2 by 12" DSP
Second Layer: (2) pieces of 1 1/4 by 12" DSP
Third Layer:  (2) pieces of 1 by 12" DSP
Fourth  Layer (2) pieces if 3/4 by 12" DSP
Top layer (1) piece of 1 by 12" DSP
Each piece is scored in 1/2" along its length using the scoring tool.

Rosettes on top: 2 Rosettes each made with 2 pieces of 1 by 12" Cherry Cobbler cardstock and adhered side to side and attached to the top of the tree. I think if I were to make this tree again, I would make these top rosettes  1/4 "  smaller.
A 1 3/4" Garden Green scallop circle is attached to the center of each of these rosettes and the sentiment adhered to that.

No comments: