Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Handmade Daffodils

 Today is a sick day for me.  I have been unwell since last night and have spent the day on the couch.  I'm not one for lying around even if I'm unwell, so when I started feeling better I decided to make some hand made daffodils.

One of the members of a Yahoo group I belong to posted a video showing how to make a daffodil flower using the "Friends & Flowers stamp set" and the "Flower Builder" Punch.  The stamp set is about to retire at the end of this month.

On taking a picture for this blog I also learned something new.  The battery in my camera seems to go "dead" after only a few pictures so I always seem to be charging the battery.  So my son gave me a challenge - take the picture on my phone and figure out how to get it onto my blog.
I did it.  This picture was taken by my phone. It took a number of steps and there is probably an easier way, but at least I tried.

The video tutorial I used is made by  Coastal Stamper
I used Daffodil Delight paper and ink.
The stems are wire floral stems wrapped with floral tape.  The leaves are small slits of Old Olive cardstock.
My daffodils don't quite look as nice as hers but this is the first time that I have made them.

Supplies:
Stamp: Friend and Flower
Ink: Daffodil Delight
Papers: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive
Accessories: Flower Builder punch, 1 1/4" scallop circle punch, floral wire, foral tape, hot glue gun.

No comments: