Friday, April 29, 2016

Wooden coaster holder and 7 coasters

I made this as a project for my craft show in a couple of weeks.  I had managed to obtain a plain wooden coaster holder with 7 thin coaster.  These I turned into a work of art.

The first step was to paint each item with white acrylic paint.  When that was dry, I cut 6 pieces of Botanical Gardens DSP, rounding the corners with the corner rounder punch.  These DSP pieces were podged onto the coaster.

I did this to all 7 of the coasters.  Then I did something similar to the coaster holder.
First I painted it with White acrylic paint, then podged some DSP over it.  On the edges I placed a piece of Pool Party glimmer ribbon.
Then I die cut numerous flowers, leaves, center pieces of the Botanical Builder framelits/dies in Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Basic Black, Bravo Burgundy.  These were combined using different colours and added to the coaster holder using dimensionals. At the top I cut a Mossy Meadow vine in 2 pieces and adhered it to the top.  A few flowers were added.
When finished I added rhinestones to the middle of each of the flowers.



When dry each piece was sprayed with polyurethane spray to protect them from wetness.


No comments: