Sunday, April 17, 2016

Congrats - The Paper Players a CAS #291 with Butterflies

CAS cards have always been difficult for me, but what has really helped me is being more conciencious about using the "Cost Calculator" on the SU website.

I no longer now go "Oh No! A CAS challenge"

This card was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest, and I just love the gold foil Butterfly and I just love the simplicity of it.





The basic cardstock is Bermuda Bay, layered with Whisper White.
I then cut 4 pieces of cardstock 2 3/8" each ; 2 in 2 colours - Bermuda Bay and Pear Pizzazz.  Using the corner rounder, I rounded 2 of the 4 corners, and placed then near the top middle of the card, with one of the pointed ends of each square facing the inside.  I adhered them to the card front using tombo glue.

A medium butterfly was die cut using gold foil, and added to the middle of the squares with only tombo on the body.

The sentiment, from "Happy Happenings" was embossed with gold embossing powder.  I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to center the word.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Happy Happenings
Inks: Versa Mark
Papers: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, gold foil
Accessories: Corner rounder punch, Butterfly die, gold embossing paper

No comments: