Saturday, January 16, 2016

Just for You - a Shaker Card

I just love the size of the font of this SAB stamp set.  When I saw it I immediately thought Shaker card.

This is a large card, mainly because the shaker part is the size of an A2 card.
I stamped the sentiment first using Memento ink, and then stamped the flowers around it using Watermelon Wonder, Delightful Dijon, Pool Party, and some tiny branches in Old Olive.

This is how I made the large shaker portiion.
On a 5 1/4 by 4" of Watercolor Wonder cardstock, a made 2 pencil marks in each corner at the 1/4" mark.  Then with the Stampin' Trimmer, I used those as landmarks to cut the 4 sides at 1/4", leaving a rectangle with a 1/4" border.
Then I attached a piece of Window Sheet  5 1/4 by 4" to the back of this rectangle.
I had some long pieces of 1/8" double sided foam strips which I placed on the pack of the window sheet.

The shaker elements consists of the following:  sequins in various colours, small punched fowers in Old Olive, yellow, Watermelon wonder, 1/8" circle punchies, 1/16" circle punchies.  You can see them in the picture below.

The base card if a 5 by 7" piece of Watermelon Wonder, layered with Whisper White, and then Wildflower Fields DSP.
Belore adding the Whisper White/DSP layers to the card base,, I placed a piece of 1" dotted Lace Watermelon Wonder ribbon across the middle of the card.
The shaker element was then added using dimensionals, and a ribbon make from the dotted lace ribbon was added to the left side.

Supplies Used:
Stamp: Botanicals for You
Inks: Black Memento, Watermelon Wonder, Pool Party, Delightful Dijon, Old Olive
Papers: Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White, Wildflower Fields DSP, Window Sheet
Accessories: Stampin' Up trimmer, sequins, punchies of various sorts, dimensionals, small flower punch, 1/8" hand held punch, 1/16" hand held punch, 1" dotted Lace Watermelon Wonder ribbon.


No comments: