Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Bloomin' Love - Friend

This will be one of the cards for the Valentine Class.  I just love the Bloom' Heart thinlet die combined with the new Blushing Bride glimmer paper.
But before I show you the card, I would like to show you something else.  When I was decluttering and reorganizing before Christmas, I found something in an old box I hadn't given a glance to in - well quite a while.  Going through it I found a rather large drawing book, completely filled with pictures I had drawn when I was 12 years old.
It seems I had some drawing talent, but it was put aside when I had to go to work at age 15, and didn't re-emerge until I retired from teaching.
Every day for the next little while, I will post a couple of pictures of these drawings at the end of my posts

Now, back to the Valentine's Day card.

It was so easy cutting this die using the Precision plate and then clearing out the bits and pieces using the brush and foam mat.  This literally saved me hours (well maybe not that long) of poking and prodding to get all those little die bits out of the die.
So, this is what I want each student to experience - the die itself on Blushing Bride glimmer paper, and the use of the brush and foam to get rid of the bits.
A tip about die cutting the glitter paper - turn the paper upside down so the glitter side is facing down. It is so much easier to cut - and get the tiny debris bits out.

Stamps:Bloomin' Heart
Ink: Blushing Bride, Black Memento
Papers: Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Blooming' Love DSP, Blush Blossom glimmer paper
Accessories: Hearts embossing folder, Bloomin Hearts thinlets dies, Numbers thinlet dies, rhinestones, rhinestonres, Hearts border punch

As promised, here are 2 drawing I did when I was 12 years old.  The pictures were drawn with pencil and coloured with pencil crayons.



No comments: