Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Witch's Legs Treat Holder - a CASE

A number of years ago I saved a post of a Witch's Leg treat holder, which I saw on "Stamp with Heather" 
My son had told me to delete some of the items in my document library, and when I did that I came across this tutorial.  I thought now, like I thought then, this is so cute.  I have to make it.  I ended up making 3 - to put on top of a pail filled with treats.

Here's the treat holders sitting guard over a pail filled with all sorts of treat.  As you can see the legs are 1 by 8" cello bags filled with jelly beans - orange and white.  On its feet are orange boots made with the stocking punch and embossed with the starburst folder.  The top is black cardstock with a bit of DSP tucked underneath. I punched a couple of small flowers, orange and black and adhered them to the top inside of the boot top.
"BOO" is adhered to one of the legs.

The base for this rosette is a pumpkin pie top note embossed with the starburst folder.  The cello legs are adhered inside this folder.  A black ribbon is wrapped around the top with a bow made at the side.

The rosette die was used to cut the rosette.  Before fan folding it a piece of black satin ribbon was attached to the rosette.  On top of the finished rosette a 1 38" black circle was adhered, and on top of that a 1 1/4" pumpkin pie embossed circle was adhered with dimensionals.  Rhinestones were placed all around the 1 3/8" that was left showing.
At the top, I clipped a witch's hat with a clothes pin inside of it.
A 5/8" banner with the greeting stamped on it was placed on the top, with a black and pumpkin flower at one end.
This rosette was adhered to the top note die with a hot glue gun.


No comments: