Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Screen Divider Card - All Ye Faithful.

I wanted to try something different tonight.  I knew I wanted to do the screen divider card, but its what's on the panels that I wanted try something new.  I wanted the images to look like it was night time and you could only see the figures by the light of the stars.  The only tinge of colour would be some suede colours of their clothes. I wanted an ethereal quality to the images. I hope I succeeded.


  • The screen divider card is made by taking an 11 by 6" piece of Whisper White cardstock and score it at 2 3/4, 5 1/2, and 8 1/4"
  • The Decorative Label punch is used to create the legs at the bottom
  • Frances Martin has a video here that was very useful in helping me make the skeleton of the card.
  • At the top I punched all the way along using the Confetti star punch.
Panels:
  • Each panel had the following layers:  Night of Navy, Lost Lagoon, and Soft Sky.
  • Each image was embossing with gold embossing powder on the Soft sky layer.  This layer was then sponged with Night of Navy ink, and a small amount of ink was sponged over the image.
  • With a blender pen and soft suede ink, colour was applied to each image.
  • The stars in the sky were punchies from using the border punch.  Some dazzling details was put on the stars using a blender pen.
  • At the bottom of each panel is a strip of dazzling diamond glimmer paper coloured with a Night of navy marker.
  • Here's a close up of one panel

  • The 3rd panel with the sentiment didn't show up very well in the picture above, so here is a close up.  It was stamped with Black Memento.


Supplies Used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Looking back at the card, it almost looks like it's been backlit by a light of some sort.
I wasn't sure I liked the card at first, but it's growing on me.

No comments: